How to reach Trento
The nearest major airport is Verona Valerio Catullo (90 km). Traveling from the Verona airport to Trento is easy, via shuttle bus to the Verona train station (runs every 20 minutes) and train from Verona train station to Trento (about one hour). Other airports include:
- Brescia Montichiari (160 Km)
- Venezia Marco Polo (173 Km)
- Innsbruck (176 km)
- Bergamo Orio al Serio (180 Km)
- Milano – Linate airport (226 Km)
- Milano – Malpensa airport (264 Km)
- Munich (335 km)
Two main train lines reach Trento: the Brennero line (connecting to Rome to the south, and Innsbruck and northern Europe to the north) and the Valsugana line to Venice. Timetable details from Trenitalia website.
- ALTOADIGEBUS: this efficient shuttle bus connects s Münich, Innsbruck, Verona, Bergamo Orio al Serio and
Milano Malpensa to Trento (suggested arrival: Trento train station). Check prices and schedules on the website.
- FLIXBUS: it offers low-cost bus connections with Bergamo, Bologna, Bolzano, Innsbruck, Munich, Rome, Turin, Milan, Florence, Verona and other cities.
How to reach FBK
FBK’S Science and Technology Hub is located in Povo, the suburban hills to the east of Trento’s city center.
By shuttle bus
On September 11-12, IMBSA will provide a complimentary shuttle bus from Trento center to FBK and back.
Please indicate if you wish to use the shuttle service, when registering for IMBSA.
Details of the shuttle service will be announced later.
You can reach Trento on the following roads: Strada Statale dell’Abetone e del Brennero; Autostrada del Brennero – A22 motorway, phone no. (+39) 0461 980085; Superstrada della Valsugana for those coming from Venice, and Strada Statale 45 bis (Gardesana Occidentale), for those coming from Brescia.
From A22 motorway to FBK-Povo: exit the motorway at TRENTO SUD and follow the instruction at this link: How to reach us in Povo. FBK is the building inside the blue fence. You enter on foot to the right. To the left is the entrance to the parking lot.
- Route 5 > This is the quickest route up the hill from the city center. The trip takes about 10 minutes. Board at the “Piazza Dante” stop in front of the train station or at the “Piazza Venezia” stop. Get off at the “Povo – Facolta di Scienze” stop just after the blue sign for “Povo” or at the “Povo Sommarive” stop (line 5/). Route times are displayed at every stop. The stop names are shown on bus stop placards. Tickets can be purchased at newsstands. Get them before boarding.
- Route 13 > Getting to FBK Science and Technology Hub from the city center takes much more time on this bus, but it might be useful if you are in the southern area of the city. Get off at the “Povo – Piazza Manci” stop and walk down the hill to get to the Fondazione. Route times are displayed at every stop. The stop names are shown on stop placards. Tickets can be purchased at newsstands. Get them before boarding. Times and fares are available at the Trentino Trasporti web site.
Find one just outside the train station at the taxi stand to the right as you exit. Or call Radio Taxi at 0461 930002. The cost is 10 to 15 euros.
How to reach Grand Hotel Trento
The Grand Hotel Trento is located in front of the train station, just across Piazza Dante square. The hotel has a car park available for guests upon availability and on payment.