How to reach Trento
The nearest major airport is Verona Valerio Catullo (90 km). Traveling from the Verona airport to Trento is easy, via shuttle bus to the Verona train station (runs every 20 minutes) and train from Verona train station to Trento (about one hour). Other airports include:
- Brescia Montichiari (160 Km)
- Venezia Marco Polo (173 Km)
- Innsbruck (176 km)
- Bergamo Orio al Serio (180 Km)
- Milano – Linate airport (226 Km)
- Milano – Malpensa airport (264 Km)
- Munich (335 km)
Two main train lines reach Trento: the Brennero line (connecting to Rome to the south, and Innsbruck and northern Europe to the north) and the Valsugana line to Venice. Timetable details from Trenitalia website.
- ALTOADIGEBUS: this efficient shuttle bus connects s Münich, Innsbruck, Verona, Bergamo Orio al Serio and
Milano Malpensa to Trento (suggested arrival: Trento train station). Check prices and schedules on the website.
- FLIXBUS: it offers low-cost bus connections with Bergamo, Bologna, Bolzano, Innsbruck, Munich, Rome, Turin, Milan, Florence, Verona and other cities.
Transportation in Trento and to Povo
The town has an efficient urban travel system. Buses runs frequently from the city center to the conference location (Povo) throughout the day and also at night. The cost per ride is 1,20 € and the duration is about 15 minutes.
- Route 5 > This is the quickest route up the hill from the city center. The trip takes about 10 minutes. Board at the “Piazza Dante” stop in front of the train station or at the “Piazza Venezia” stop. Get off at the “Povo – Facolta di Scienze” stop just after the blue sign for “Povo” or at the “Povo Sommarive” stop (line 5/). Route times are displayed at every stop. The stop names are shown on bus stop placards. Tickets can be purchased at newsstands. Get them before boarding.
- Route 13 > Getting to FBK Science and Technology Hub from the city center takes much more time on this bus, but it might be useful if you are in the southern area of the city. Get off at the “Povo – Piazza Manci” stop and walk down the hill to get to the Fondazione. Route times are displayed at every stop. The stop names are shown on stop placards. Tickets can be purchased at newsstands. Get them before boarding. Times and fares are available at the Trentino Trasporti web site.
Find one just outside the train station at the taxi stand to the right as you exit. Or call Radio Taxi at 0461 930002. The cost is 10 to 15 euros.